Thursday, December 6, 2012

USB superdrive keeps spitting out the disks? Please help?

Q. I have a Macbook Air and I bought this USB superdrive but it keeps spitting out CDs. Is there something wrong with it? would I have to replace it or get it fixed please? Already did updates on the laptop. Its OS X version 10.8.2.

A. Hello, Right click and uninstall theCD-ROM, DVD ROM driver in the device manager and restart the computer. The operating system would attempt to install the required driver automatically. If this does not happen, manually download and install the driver. If even replacing the driver does not fix it, get a technician to look for a hardware problem in the disk tray/lens. CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
check this site, you may need silver light installed.
Hey, I enjoyed your question, I have worked as a technician most of my life, I hope I have helped you...



CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Professional

I don't want to use the Apple SuperDrive. Are there some good, cheap USB Mac-compatible drives?
Q. It's for a Mac Mini. I will install Windows 7 via bootcamp, and play some video games. It's best if they're under $40

A. Nope, no other good drives... Just Apple Super Drive..

Good luck!

MacBook Help!!! I need a superdrive, can I buy a separate USB connected one for my MacBook.?
Q. It is a white MacBook 2.0 GHz. I know it doesn't come with a superdrive, is there anywhere I can buy a separate one (in the UK, preferably a retail, not online store.)

10 points to best answer promised

A. you can get an external burner that will hook up through firewire some have light scribe capabilities the one I use is by La Cie I got mine for 150 USD I'm not sure where you can go in the UK to get one sorry I couldn't help on that part.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment