Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Installing software from a usb disk drive? Mac osx?

Q. My disk drive just broke on my MacBook. Is there anyway to use a usb disk drive to install software from a disk?? Im running snow leopard.

A. Sure -- you simply plug the external USB drive into the Macbook and insert the CD or DVD. It should appear after a few moments on your Desktop.

But perhaps you mean to ask something more complicated?

I can't install OS X on my USB hard drive, what are some compatible externals that can boot OSX 10.4.3?
Q. I have a iBook PPC G4 1.33 with a measly 40gb internal. There is no way I can get the iomega USB 80gb to format and accpet the OS X install from the start up dvd install procedure to be the startup. I have gone through the partition and format issues multiple times. It seems that based on other forums and articles the only solution is using a fire wire drive. I am not about to go out and buy a another drive that will give me the "OS X can not install on this volume. This volume can not be used as a start up disk"
I use garage band and I need to install the jampacks but not on this internal drive. I also am holding back on my Reason 3.0 install. I need this extra space on my start up disk!!!!
Any links or a list of tried and trued FW400 drives that will accept the start up disk install and boot on the ibook would be greatly appreciated. I know the Maxtor has a firewire 800 E0V200 and Western Digital has a 320 gb that I am looking at but I do not want to invest unless I know.

A. good question..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment