Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Where can I find Rainbow rose bushes, and do they grow in Virginia, also when would I plant it?

Q. This is my first House and I would like to make the yard as pretty as I can with plants that required a lot of care. Because I have a back injury. I am looking for beautiful colors as well as being hearty. Please let me know when as well as what other plants and flowers I should consider. I live in Hampton,VA
Thank you kandy4u49t@yahoo.com
I meant to say plants that did not required a lot of care!

A. "The highly colourful flowers have been developed by a Dutch businessman who dyes each bloom in the colours of the rainbow."

So, no 'Rainbow' , unless you want to bother dying them ; D

As the above posters mentioned , the 'Knockout' series is good . Same goes for any of the 'Pavement' series , and the 'Explorer' series , from Agriculture Canada . 'Champlain' is an especially good Explorer.

Some other very good ones : 'Hansa' (fragrant!) , 'Stanwell Perprtual' , 'Snow Owl' , 'Buffalo Gal' , 'Nearly Wild', 'Roselina', 'Chuckles' (Looks like a Pink Dogwood flower, smells like Red Delicious apple), 'Heritage' , 'Graham Thomas', 'Kiss Me', 'Zepherine Drouhin' (fragrant!, nearly thornless climber, takes more shade), Rosa glauca (pink, with burgundy leaves), 'Seafoam', 'Betty Prior' (if own-root), 'Snowshowers', 'Baby Blanket'

Less than impressed with the 'Flower Carpet' Series, and most Meidilland roses ('Bonica', etc), but I'm in upstate NY. Might be OK in Virginia .

Can I hook my Sony DCR-HC52 up an underwater camera & record the image on my camera?
Q. As a swim coach with the equipment (the underwater camera) I want to use my personal camera (listed above) to save the money for other, more costly equipment, but cant figure out how to do so. Does anyone know if my camera is compatible with other cameras? Do I have to switch inputs which my camera does not have?

A. I checked with IkeLite, a leading manufacturer of housings for cameras. They don't have your model listed as supported.http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/sonylist.html
That would have been your cheapest and in my opinion, most reliable option for that particular vid cam. I did find this on google http://cgi.ebay.com/UNDERWATER-CASE-FOR-SONY-DCR-HC9-DCR-HC52-DCR-HC62_W0QQitemZ220390626634QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090406?IMSfp=TL090406151009r25562 but...for a 17 foot rate...I wouldn't trust it too far. I wouldn't trust it completely at 10 feet.
There are many amphibious cams out there that fit the bill at 300 bucks or so. Bonica, Sea& Sea, Sea Life to name a few. They're digital and offer video. Then again there are many Canons point and shoot with great vid capability with Canon housings for under 450 bucks all in rated to 130 feet. I don't think, properly used, they'll flood.
Camera to camera transfer? Why would you do that?
This is the rig I use for my diving:http://www.ikelite.com/web_two/can_a710.html
One camera and housing for all. You don't need the depth rating but you get the idea.

what are some rose varieties that bloom abundantly?
Q. what are some rose varieties that bloom very well and succesfully besides the dreaded double knock out landscape roses..Something that does well in more clay soil but with plenty of amendment to it.

A. Rugosa roses are very tough -shrub type roses, they thrive in almost any type of soil, even clay and sandy soils. Some of the varieties of Rugosas are prolific bloomers. You can't go wrong with them in your type of soil.

Modern or classic roses can be prolific bloomers, that is the category that the Knockout series falls in, most of the Floribunda's are in constant bloom.

But - I don't think you're looking for classifications, you're looking for names, so here goes, from my experience and my roses.

Meidiland Alba

John Cabot

William Baffin (outstanding)

Seven Sisters

Sally Holmes

Blanc Double de Coubert

Bonica

New Dawn

Any of the Grootendoorst roses prolific bloomer, very thorny.

Linda Campbell - outstanding red rose.

Lavender Dream

Therese Bugnet

A little known rose - Glacier Magic (small shrub rose) beautiful!

Any of the roses in the Carefree series. A newer one in the series Carefree Celebration seriously never stops blooming once it starts.

Any of the roses in the Canadian Explorer Series.

That ought to get you started. Hope you weren't looking for hybrid teas - I don't grow them! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment