Saturday, February 2, 2013

How to make Shared Documents between WIndows XP and Mac OSX?

Q. I did it with one computer but I don't remember how I did it! Thanks!

A. Select the "Apple" menu (the icon at the top left of screen) and click the "System Preferences" menu item.
When the system preferences window appears, select the "View" menu at the top of the screen and select "Accounts".
On the new window that appears select the user who will be making their files available on this machine and then select "Edit User".
Check the "Allow user to log in from Windows" checkbox and click "Save".

Select the "Apple" menu (the icon at the top left of screen) and click the "System Preferences" menu item.
When the system preferences window appears, select the "view" menu at the top of the screen and select "Sharing".
In the "Services" tab of the "Sharing" window select the option "Windows File Sharing".

Does the Apple TV allow you to play movies in your iTunes Library?
Q. I have a lot of movies in my iTunes library because I love watching shows/movies on-the-go on my iphone. I was wondering if an Apple TV would allow me to watch these movies/shows on my TV. If yes, how so? Do I sync it in? I'm confused.

A. false.
you can stream it from your computer to an apple tv over wifi. its called airplay, and its fantastic.

any movie in my library i have started to play on my computer or phone. then in the bottom right of the iTunes window theres a little screen icon with a triangle. click it and select which device you want it played to. theres nothing you have to do to its files or format or to the apple tv other than have it on.

make sure that all IOS and OSX devices are logged into the same apple ID and that home sharing is turned on.

you can do a lot with airplay. even stream youtube from your phone to the big screen etc.


oh and btw, you can play them from your laptop to your phone to the apple tv as well. i recommend the free remote app. its very helpful with this stuff.

How can I keep a window always-on-top on Mac OSX?
Q. Hey, I have a tv tuner connect on my mac, it is awesome but when Im not in full screen, if I click on another application, the window with the tv tuner (eye tv) gets under it... so my question is, is there an option on mac os that I can see it up for keeping an window always on top? thanks

A. Time to get a second monitor!

I run eyetv on my second monitor full screen, while I try to work (or answer yahooo! answers)

before I got the second monitor, I had the same problem as you. There is no workaround, in eyetv.

Some apps are nicer the way they share the screen, only bringing the current window to the front, others are doing it against the apple UI recommendations!

Would you want your windows to go semi-transparent?? there are tools to make a window semi-transparent. I tried one some years back, it got very confusing!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment