Monday, January 7, 2013

Why does my 360 controller disable my Macbook's trackpad and keyboard?

Q. When I use my 360 controller with my mac, it works fine, but when I go to unplug it, my trackpad and keyboard no longer work. If I try to plug the controller back in or plug in an external mouse after unplugging the controller, still nothing happens. is it the driver i'm using? is there a way to fix it? i'm using the 15" macbook pro with the quad core i7 and 4 gigs of ram with OSX lion version 10.7.2.

A. Quit plugging in the 360 controller
I'm surprise a Microsoft controller would even work on Apple OS

Will upgrading to mac osx lion wipe my computer clean?
Q. I want to download osx lion and upgrade but will it wipe my computer clean? I know it's a good idea to back up your files which I have all of my music, videos, etc backed up except my apps. I have some expensive apps and don't want them to go where I have to pay for them again. I also have windows 7 installed via parallels desktop 6. Will all of that stay on my computer when I upgrade or will it be wiped?

A. Nothing is lost. Only OS X apps are changed to newer versions. Installing OS 10.7 does not remove any of your expensive apps.

Even though your expensive apps will not be changed, removed, deleted, or otherwise made invisible, some of them will be "lost" in the sense that they will stop working. Here is how this can happen....

You see, the problem with those expensive apps is they have to work within an OS. It is quite common for a newer OS not to have any ability at all to use certain older apps. You would then have two choices:
-- Buy a newer version of said expensive app.
-- Install OS 10.6.x, which would put the OS 10.7 system in an archive directory and make OS 10.6 the working OS again. Then you would still need to dig up all the CDs or DVDs for all those expensive apps and install them in OS 10.6.x.

I don't understand why you are making this piecemeal backup. Why can't you simply use Time Machine? That would save the day no matter what happens. Those brainy engineers at Apple spent a lot of time developing Time Machine. What do you have against it?

i need a program for my mac that syncs documents with three devices all at once?
Q. for instance, i have a paper that i typed, but i want to back it up on my laptop, a thumb drive that is plugged into it, and an sd card (my backup if i forget my usb at home). i would like some type of application that i can just drop the file into and it automatically does this. i am running the latest version of osx mountain lion on mac and running word 2011 as my word processor. thanks for the help!

A. Use SkyDrive. It's free.
http://www.skydrive.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment